Lancer Evolution Car Craze By Sean Toh

Monday, February 27, 2006

Joe250's Lancer Evolution


The Extreme Performance Evo 8 started out as a weekend toy.I bought the car to drive on the back roads and do the occasional autocross.That changed once I competed in the car the first time.Just two weeks after I bought it, I took it to a local autocross and I realized the Evo was just made to autocross. I had so much fun racing over the next few weekends I decided to compete seriously for the 2004 season.

I ran into an old friend and fellow autocrosser, Navid Kahangi. He wanted to co-drive the Evo and his shop in San Jose, Extreme Performance, would handle all the setup and mods to the car.Navid drove his own M3 race car to an overall win at the 12 Hours of Thunderhill race the other year, so he knows setup and how to drive.

We are running the car in the SCCA Solo2 autocross series. The class is Street Prepared, which allows for some of the common mods enthusiasts make to their street cars Exhaust, suspension, wheels, etc.

Check out his Mitsuishi Evolution car!!!